Switching the recipe repertoire with an anytime snack option that’s sweet! 🤩 The unique combo flavors of cardamom, ginger, coconut and rose water make me feel as though I’m enjoying a decadent Indian dessert in just minutes.
Chia seed pudding is nothing new, but hoping you like this fresh and healthy take on it. The addition of protein powder makes it a complete snack hitting all the key macros: protein, fat, carb and fiber. Enjoy every bite knowing your body will also thank you!
𝗜𝗻𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 1 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴
* 3 tbsp black chia seeds
* 1/3 cup coconut milk
* 2/3 cup filtered water
* 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder*
* 1/8 tsp cardamom powder
* 1/4 tsp ginger powder
* 1/2 tsp rose water extract
* 8 drops @nowfoodsofficial monk fruit extract*
*𝗡𝗼𝘁𝗲: If your protein powder isn’t sweetened, I recommend adding a few drops of monk fruit extract. If it is, skip the last ingredient.
1. Mix all the ingredients with a whisk and be sure to break up any clumps to make smooth.
2. Store in refrigerator for at least an hour. The chia seeds will expand to absorb the liquid and turn into a gel like /pudding consistency.
3. Add your favorite toppings! Anything goes, but I like a bit of crunch. I find cacoa nibs satisfy my craving for this and something chocolatey. Side benefit is that it has a high dose of antioxidants and is low sugar. I also love coconut chips, as it pairs well with the coconut flavor in the pudding.